Local Competition Information:
The DSCC holds 7 local competitions each year during our regularly scheduled meetings. No competitions are held during December, May (when we hold a yearly local print and slide show), and June. The categories for the next year are announced at the banquet in June. Members have from that time until the appropriate month to take their photos.
Each member may submit two print and two digital images. Digital images are submitted to the club through this website. Digital images are to follow the N4C format guidelines (1920 pixels along the long side)
Prints can be any size and should be brought the night of the meeting.
Both Digital and Print pictures will be scored on Impact, Technique, and Composition.SUBMISSION DETAILS
2019 – 2020 Local Competition Topics
September – Flowers
October – Reflections
November – Cityscapes
January – Night
February – Emotion
March – Water
April – Abandoned PlacesSubmit Entries
Specifications for Submitting Digital Images
Digital images submitted to the club must follow the same specifications as N4C guidelines:
- JPEG (.jpg) file format only.
- 1920 pixels along the long side of the image.
- File size less than 750kb (0.5mb).
- sRGB color space.
Files are to be named according to following example:
- 01 – entry number (do not change).
- DJ000 – your assigned N4C ID number.
- DP – category (DA, DB, DJ, DN, DP or DT).
- Duluth’s Landmark – change to your custom title.
- .jpg – file extension denoting JPEG image file.
Specific N4C category codes are not necessary in the file naming for club competitions (can be left as DP).